Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thrift Find: L and M by Edwards Handbag

I am such a sucker for vintage handbags- especially when I get them for a good price! I found this new beauty at a flea market in Stuart, Florida and was extra excited that it was only $15.00:

Isn't she pretty? Since I don't normally carry a wallet, I just throw my cards and license in there, what I need on a daily basis fits in there!

Here's a close-up of the gold clasp closure. Aren't the rhinestone accents precious?

Look at this delicate piping that wraps around the handbag. I love it!

I was happy to find that only the strap had minimal wear. I haven't been able to date this purse yet, but the inside stamp says "L and M Bags by Edwards". I did a Google search and found the following information at Bag Lady University:

The company created different styles of handbags under different names, which include Spot-Lite and Edwards. All the labels usually had the L and M logo somewhere in the graphic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails