Friday, October 8, 2010

Week Recap {10-08-10}

Here are some highlights from my week:

Monday
UGH! Monday was so busy. I work as a payroll coordinator for a local staffing company. Lots of people to get paid and we're currently recruiting... EVERYONE calls or comes in on Mondays! There wasn't school for the kids so I got to pick them up early from their daycare provider.

Tuesday
My step-son was sick so he didn't get to come to our house. This was a relaxing evening with just hubby and me. We curled up with the cats (3 in all) and snuggled in bed watching TV.

Wednesday
A truly busy day. I was caught up at work so I left at 2:00. My son had a ball game at 6:00, so I had to make sure his uniform was clean and snacks and water ready. The kids have an after school art class that ended at 5:00. Thank goodness I live near the school so I could shuttle them home, change out their uniforms and get to the game on time.

On the way to the van, my son yelled "Is my bat bag in the car?". Well, that's where he left it after his game Saturday... My job is to make sure his uniform is clean and he has his hat- he's always losing track of that.

We get to the ball field and his Dad pulls in at the same time. My son gets his bag and can't find his cleats. They weren't in his bag OR the back of my van. "Where do you think you left them?" I ask. "If I had to guess, they're probably by the front door where we always take our shoes off at the house." he replies.

GAH! I thought I was gonna hurt him LOL. I had to drive all the way back home, IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC, and a traffic light was malfunctioning AT AN IMPORTANT INTERSECTION. I thought I was going to lose my mind!

By the time I get back, we're 20 minutes into the game. The second I sit down next to my ex-mother-in-law to chat, my daughter says "I have to go to the bathroom." OF COURSE SHE DOES. She does this all the time to me LOL.

Our boys lost their game so we headed home to start homework and bathe.

Interesting side note: Does anyone else out there have the husband and ex-husband get along? I swear I have an Ashton Kutcher/Bruce Willis scenerio on my hands. My husband will stand in the dugout and chat with my ex-husband instead of sitting with me. Is it a guy thing? I'm dumbfounded but very happy with the peace. I can honestly say my ex and I have a good relationship LOL

Thursday
I only have 2 words: JERSEY SHORE. This is totally one of my guilty pleasures. I see these people and become engrossed for a full hour! My dad's cousin also emailed me giving a tip on some family tree information. Of course THAT opened up a whole new tree branch which kept me busy on Ancestry.com.

Friday
This was not a good morning. Apparently a small plane had crashed/emergency landed on one of our major expressway's last night between 11:00-11:30pm. Thankfully no one was killed. I had a hard time waking up this morning and was late getting out. I knew there'd be traffic because of course, I take that expressway to work- not a whole lot of options for me.

Then I discover that my license is not in my purse and had to go back home to get it. Does anyone else ever just put their license and credit card in their pocket for a small errand instead of carrying their purse? And then you forget those items in the pockets of clothes you wore the day before? And then you forget to put them back in your purse? No? Well that's me to a T! LOL

I make it to work and luckily we're not busy. Wheew.

Tonight I'll work on some blog entries. Tomorrow my son has another game and hubby and I are going to the Improv comedy club (one of our FAV things to do). Lots of housework and laundry and in the works too!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails