Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pillow Sham Pin Cushions

Since the weather is getting warmer here (Louisville really only has too seasons: really hot or really cold). There's maybe about 2 weeks between summer and winter that could account for spring and fall. One of these days got me out of the office on a late lunch, walking down to Marshalls just to look around.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular. They have such cute knic-knacs and home decor. I decided to roam around the clearance section of towels, sheets and what-not.

I found a quilted pillow sham, all by itself and marked down to $5.00. I had recently read this post by Mamie Jane, in which she made some pinchusions out of cutter quilt pieces. This sham looked similar in the colors, and, it was already quilted. I thought pinchusions would be an cute addition to the LOTCP Etsy store, so I've whipped some up.





These are so super easy to make. Just take a bowl (I used one of my salad bowls) and trace 2 circles (for front and back). Out of this sham I had enough circles to make 5 pincushions.

Sew the circles and leave an opening for stuffing. You want to stuff firmly, but not too much. Take some embroidery floss and tuft it like a pie. I added spring colored buttons to the center. Tie off and pull the knot through the fabric so it doesn't show.

Ingredients List:
  • Quilted pillow sham
  • Fiberfill
  • Embroidery floss
  • Buttons
  • Sewing machine, thread, scissors, hand-needle and darning needle


I'm linking up to this/these party/parties:
Tip Junkie handmade projects



Photobucket

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". We love getting your comments. If you like our little blog we'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails