Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Upcycled Wristlet Pincushion

Sometimes an idea just hits me. I'm sure someone else has already thought of, done this, whatever, but I hadn't seen this in blogland so I'm uber syked that I didn't *case* a talented person for this one HAHA!

I had made some previous pincushions from a recycled, quilted pillow sham. I further got an idea to make a wristlet one, but use beads to make it more bracelet-like. While thrifting Saturday with Greg, I got another idea...

Photobucket
I found a 4-strand faux pearl bracelet on elastic cord in the jewelry section and thought about using that instead of buying the items to make the braclet.

Photobucket
Just think of all the jewelry that can be rescued and recycled!

Photobucket
Here's what you need if you want to make one yourself:

Bracelet on elastic cord
Cotton fabric scrap
Embroidery floss
Button
Sewing machine, thread and scissors

Cut a 4" square of cotton fabric. Sew all the way around, leaving an opening for stuffing. Clip your corners, turn right side out and stuff. Tuft with embroidery floss and add a button. Use sewing thread to sew the bracelet to the bottom of the pincushion.

Put on your wrist and enjoy!

I'm linking up to these parties:
Sumo Sweet StuffThe Girl Creative



Photobucket

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". We love getting your comments. If you like our little blog we'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun.

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails