Friday, April 20, 2012

New Large Linen Flare Tote

I have made so many of these flare totes I can almost sew them blindfolded! This tote is a larger version of the pattern, and I decided to spice it up a bit by using linen and stenciling a flower on the front.

Photobucket

I used my Silhouette machine to cut a flower image out of vinyl. I then adhered the negative of the vinyl to the front of the bag to fill in the stencil. I used a craft paint in the color "Wasabi Green" for my color. Remember to use a fabric medium with your craft paints so it will adhere properly and not rub off *life experience*

Photobucket

I picked up some braided faux leather handle on a recent trip to Joann Fabrics. They are long enough for the tote to sit on my shoulder and tuck neatly under your arm.

Photobucket

Currently for sale at my Etsy store: Item No. 97929450 $35.00

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails