Friday, August 31, 2012

OOAK 100% Linen Shoulder Bag

Lately I've been on a "recycling" kick. I've been using jackets or coats, cutting them up, and turning them into brand new accessories. It's not a new concept, but new to me. My latest find at the Goodwill store was a ladies 100% linen jacket.

*I seriously need to start taking before pictures of the clothing*

To begin with, I started with the Leslie purse pattern from ithinksew. It's a great shoulder bag for this project. I use an initial pattern piece out of scrap fabric, old sheets, anything to lay my "cut up" jacket pieces on.

Cutting the jacket apart is fairly easy. If following the seams you can snip and rip, but not too quickly or you'll hit a grainline and lose valuable material. I arrange pockets for practical use. I re-use buttons for decoration and throw in some embroidery thread with simple patchwork stitches from my sewing machine to create something that is truly one of a kind (OOAK).





Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails