Thursday, May 5, 2011

Madonna Met Gala 2011

This is the first time I've ever felt the need to write about something a celebrity wore. I am so smitten with Madonna's dress that she wore to the 2011 Met Gala:

Image from: Madonna.feedsntweets.com

I do believe that Stella McCartney is the designer. First of all, this is a GORGEOUS color! It goes so well with her skin AND hair color. Secondly, do you SEE that embroidery??? I'm dying over here. I just love it!

Image from: Glamour

The front of this dress is VERY 1940's. The way the bodice is cut can be so flattering to MANY figures- show off your assets girl and hide the rest I say...

Image from: Next New Fashion

Her hair and make-up really gave a "Veronica Lake" kind of vibe. Just enough jewelry- PERFECTION!


Now for all of you clothes-sewing-do-it-yourselfers (is that even a word?)- I found some vintage patterns at So Vintage Patterns to help you along :-)

Dubarry 1121

Butterick 2471

McCalls 9919



PhotobucketThank you for stopping by to say "Hi". We love getting your comments. If you like our little blog, we'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this dress is stunning and I have to admit (as much as I hate to) Madonna also looks incredible. Love the whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw you had a 1940's link, I felt like we were kindred spirits, lol! I love your blog and all your ideas....so glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails