Monday, August 29, 2011

Upcycled Punk Rock Girl Handbag

I had the idea for this handbag floating around in my head for some time now. I finally took the time to make it happen LOL.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I started with a worn out gray knit top. I cut 2 rectangles for the main body, then picked a hot pink on pink polka dot cotton for the lining. I cut a skull and crossbones out of white felt and blanket stitched to the front. It measures roughly 6" x 6". I then stitched a hot pink bow off to the side.

Since the gray was knit and would stretch, I ironed on fusible interfacing to the back before sewing. There's also a layer of cotton batting sandwiched in there too.

This item is for sale in my Etsy shop here if you are interested. Thanks for looking :-)

I've linked to this great party:
Freestyle Friday @ Happy Hour Projects


Photobucket
Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". We love getting your comments. If you like our little blog, we'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun.

1 comment:

  1. very cute and awesome hand stitch work there! It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails